Monday, June 2, 2014

A Woman Provokes A Thousand Thoughts

May 31 marked the one-year point after moving back home after graduating college with a B.A. in Biology. I mused recently about how long it may be until I would no longer be a “single Christian guy,” and since this date is suitably auspicious, I decided to count 1000 days from June 1. This gets fairly close to my 27th birthday by the conclusion of the count (which will give me a year until I’m 28, the age I arbitrarily decided when I was 15 or 16 that I should reasonably be able to be married by) . But more than just counting the days to an arbitrary point at which I will let myself begin to stress out if I haven’t found a fiancĂ©e, I figured it would be very neat if I could take the time every night to try to generate a concise, unique thought inspired by my mental conception of my future wife, and to post these from time to time as a sort of mini-journal scribbling. Each thought will have something to do with this woman, either in remarking about what appeals or doesn’t appeal to me, or in thinking about how I can prepare myself to be a good partner, or what our relationship would be like. After all, devoting the time to think 1000 thoughts about how to have a good relationship with the right partner is bound to be beneficial; at the very least, it couldn’t hurt, and it will be here for her to read when we’re still making friends—a useful thing in my opinion, since it would help her decide if I’m the kind of guy she wants to marry.

Expect occasional bulk uploads of my AWPATTs; the dates covered will be in the post title.

~ Rak Chazak

AWPATTS:

1-4
5-10
11-19
20-23
24-30
31-40
41-49

50-82
83-88
89-96
97-108
109-200
201-204
205-230 - Special A-Z upload231-247 - marrying younger, and dating advice
248-262
263-320 - comments on approaching dating and evaluating potential partners



.

No comments:

Post a Comment