Monday, June 2, 2014

Year 2

{Written offline on June 1}

I’ve now been home from college for a year. I’d give myself a B- for the duration, seeing that I’ve been somewhat productive, just not as ambitious as I could’ve been in looking for better employment. But I’ve worked 35+ hours nearly every week since early August, acquired a vehicle, made some physical improvements through regular Y workouts, and of course managed to keep the blog ‘alive’ in the meantime. I’ve kept my Journal fairly regularly, kept track of my personal finances, did my taxes, have paid my student loans monthly, put all the loose photos from years ago into my albums, and kept in touch with my friends from college. But I haven’t run daily, I haven’t managed to get up early (6-7) every day consistently, I’m still earning $7.70/hr before taxes because I haven’t actively applied to too many alternatives, and I’m a few months behind when I wanted to finalize my IBR plan request and order The Biggest Question DVDs.

So I don’t feel as though I’ve wasted my time, but I have a number of thoughts in the back of my mind motivating me to get moving with professional and spiritual topics. The hope is to take the two days I have off each week, now, to get some of these things taken care of. Applying for work is a high priority, because other than getting promoted at my current workplace, which would take at minimum another half year to get to where the income starts getting comfortable, finding work having to do with my major is the only alternative. And as for the spiritual aspect, now that I intend to acquire a sizable collection of DVD gospel tracts, I’ll finally be poised to simply hand them out to people whom I come across as I live the ordinary life, in the hopes that they’ll watch it and get exposed to that truth, and either be encouraged (if they are a believer) or lay hold on eternal life.

Now, things ought to start getting really interesting. Hopefully my grade for this year will be an A. :)

~ Rak Chazak

No comments:

Post a Comment