Sunday, March 17, 2013

Why Start Blogging My Personal Thoughts?

Hello, Internet!

Blogging has taken off in the last decade. One of the most fundamental things that the Internet has introduced to our culture is the opportunity for individuals to have an impact on the whole world through the numerous other individuals who may stumble across their written words online. The Internet is a big place, but it's filled with many many people, and so the chances that something you write will affect others is not diminished by the fact that there are so many people out there whom you don't have the ability to reach directly. But if just one hundred, or one thousand, people have an interaction with you, they in turn have the freedom to interact with others in their own spheres. That gives every micro-blogger a great deal of influence, far more than is measured by the number of hits their website gets. If your message is strong, it will 'grow wings' and be carried on through word of mouth and keyboard, allowing you to do much more, for good or ill, than you can ever truly know while you remain here on earth.

Realizing this, I want to add my voice to the many great voices out there who are impacting the global culture in the name of Jesus Christ. I've benefited much from reading, and I think it's time for me to turn and do likewise. What I finally realized is that by entering into this field, I am not competing with other Christian websites. I am increasing the total number of Christian websites, thus saturating the Internet and the search engines with such sites, so that there will be a higher likelihood that people will encounter a Christian site that will point them to the Gospel and salvation in and through Jesus Christ. What better thing is there to do with my spare time? There is none. This is the greatest purpose of every believer -- to perpetuate the message and reflect God's glory to the whole world, that the more may hear the words of life.

In wondering what the theme of my blog should be, I found that I couldn't sustain making it solely a news source, or about a single topic. Instead, I realized I could write it from a single perspective--my own. I'm a 23-year-old man living on the East Coast of the United States, and I think that I can fill a niche by writing about life as I experience it, and lend my observations to world events. If someone out there is surfing the Internet and wondering what a young man thinks, I want to provide the answer. It is my hope that my writing will provide compelling reading, and hopefully go beyond merely being about me and be about the things that really matter, that it may bless those who read this blog.

I'll be writing this in the same matter as a personal Journal. Ideally it will be daily. I hope that your interest has been piqued and that you'll stick around to see what can be accomplished here.

~ Rak Chazak

No comments:

Post a Comment