Thursday, August 20, 2015

Josh Duggar Revisited

I simply can't say it better than this person did.

http://reformedpub.com/josh-duggar-ashley-madison-and-eye-gouging-socketery/

As for myself, my only response initially was "There but for the grace of God go I."

I had very little interest in the Duggars, except for a mild curiosity, having heard of them through a friend and Ray Comfort behind-the-scenes videos where he apparently knew them personally. It was the media hype that led me to get more involved. There's been lots of opinions, favorable and unfavorable, but very little --though noteworthy where it has appeared-- Gospel preaching. Todd Friel's Christian Post article was one of the few I saw that addressed the initial scandal well. Now when Providence orchestrated it so that Josh's infidelity was exposed in the Ashley Madison hacking scandal , my hope is that Josh can be a model of Biblical repentance, much like the monstrously-immoral King David who, when he got caught having murdered the husband of the woman he cheated with, responded in such a way that God introduces David in Scripture as "a man after my own heart."

Isn't it sad, that though even the nonChristians know that infidelity is wrong, that adultery is legal in this country, but hacking and violating the privacy of adulterers is criminal?

Maybe those criticizing Josh (as their overwhelming primary emotion, rather than sorrow and compassion for those he's hurt) will be provoked by this realization to consider the Biblical foundation necessary for the validation of value judgments about fidelity. Let's pray that souls are saved through this very public scandal.

Again, the link is here. Please read.

~ Rak Chazak

No comments:

Post a Comment